Saturday, September 12, 2009

New Piano



I was up late last night practicing the bass clef and the treble clef notes on our new piano. It is an electric piano (not a keyboard), so I can plug in the headphones and play without bothering anyone, such as a sleeping child. I took a year of piano in high school but nothing more, so the two different staffs are kind of mind boggling. The measures of the notes are not difficult, though, because I played flute proficiently all through high school. I have a beginning piano book, and some nursery rhyme songs to start with. I think I may have "Lazy Mary" down and am close to mastering "Hey Diddle Diddle."

Eamonn was inspired by my drawings to make his own. The piano is in the middle, with a picture of "Mommy and Daddy before I was born" next to it. The headphones are the two circles above the piano.










No comments:

Post a Comment