Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mama


This is a picture my 3 1/2 year old son, Eamonn (pronounced AY-man), drew with marker yesterday. I was impressed by the ears he gave me. I think it is the first time I have seen him draw ears on a head. I was wearing my hair in a bun, so maybe my ears were very prominent. That is an upside down car above my head.

Our family recently took a two week trip to Ohio to visit grandparents and my sister's family. Eamonn made huge leaps as far as fine motor skill and ability to draw and write. Until then, he had mainly been drawing abstract pictures to illustrate stories he narrated. On this trip he drew for sustained periods as if on a mission, and he began drawing recognizable people and cars. He also wanted to know how to write words, such as car. He wrote this word Mama with no help from me except that I did remind him to start the word off to the left so he wouldn't run out of room.

You can see that on the back of the paper he was practicing the number 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment